- Not keeping to the schedule, e.g., starting or ending the meeting late: 28%
- Meetings that seem unnecessary: 22%
- Attendees using PDAs or laptops for non-meeting-related activities: 20%
- People interrupting each other: 18%
- Meetings scheduled during lunch: 6%
The survey was developed by Accountemps, the world’s first and largest specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. It was conducted by an independent research firm and is based on telephone interviews with more than 300 Canadian senior managers at companies with 20 or more employees.