Meeting Professionals International (MPI) announces its 2013-2014 Board of Directors and Volunteer Chairs as well as the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees for the fiscal year July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014.
Michael Dominguez, CHSE, senior vice president of sales at MGM Resorts International, assumes the role as chairman of the MPI Board of Directors. David Johnson, president and chief executive officer of Aimbridge Hospitality, will now lead the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees.
Dominguez, a past MPI Southern California Chapter president, became a member of the MPI Board of Directors in 2010 and later joined the Executive Committee in 2012. At MGM Resorts International, he provides oversight for the company’s sales strategies in the convention, leisure and transient segments, including industry relations, diversity sales and MGM Resorts Events. Dominguez has more than 25 years of industry experience.
Johnson has served on the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees since 2005. As head of Aimbridge Hospitality, he oversees management of the company’s entire portfolio consisting of operating more than 190 hotels with 26,000 rooms and more than $500 million in annual revenue. Through Johnson’s dedication and leadership, Aimbridge is recognized as one of the largest and fastest growing hotel management companies in the United States.
2013-2014 MPI Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- Chairman: Michael Dominguez, CHSE, Senior Vice President of Sales, MGM Resorts International
- Chairman-Elect: Kevin Kirby, Head of Global Marketing and Sales-Cafes, Hard Rock International
- Vice Chairwoman of Finance: Erin Tench, CMP, CMM, Associate Director of Special Events, The Pennsylvania State University
- Vice Chairman: Roel Frissen, CMM, Owner, Parthen Meetings Services and Founder, Center for Business Model Innovation
- Vice Chairwoman: Allison Kinsley, CMP, CMM, Chief Meeting Architect, Kinsley Meetings
- Immediate Past Chairman: Kevin Hinton, Executive Vice President, Associated Luxury Hotels International
2013-2014 MPI Board of Directors Members:
- Amanda Armstrong, CMP, Corporate Travel and Meetings Manager, Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Krzysztof Celuch, CMM, CITE, Vice-Dean, Vistula University and Manager, Poland Convention Bureau PTO
- Jordan D. Clark, Vice President of Sales, Caesars Entertainment
- Angie Duncan, CMP, CMM, Global Account Director, BCD M&I
- Hattie Hill, CMM, CEO, Hattie Hill Enterprises, Inc.
- Cornelia Horner, CMP, Vice President, American Land Title Association
- Gerrit Jessen, CMP, CMM, Regional Managing Director (MCI Germany, Austria and Czech Republic), MCI Deutschland GmbH
- Audra Narikawa, CMP, Vice President, Senior Manager, Travel and Meetings, Capital Group
- Fiona Pelham, Managing Director, Sustainable Events Ltd.
- Alisa Peters, CMP, CMM, National Account Manager, Experient Inc.
- Darren Temple, CTA, Senior Vice President of Sales and Services, Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Marti Winer, Vice President, Communications and Event Services, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Legal Counsel: Jonathan T. Howe, Esq., President/Senior Partner, Howe & Hutton, Ltd.
2013-2014 MPI Volunteer Chairs:
- Audit/Finance Committee: Erin Tench, CMP, CMM, Associate Director of Special Events, The Pennsylvania State University
- Chapter and Membership Advisory Council: Tara Liaschenko, CMM, CEO, The Link Event Professionals, Inc.
- Governance/Nominating Committee: Kevin Hinton, Executive Vice President, Associated Luxury Hotels International
- Marketplace Advisory Council: Ronnie Price, President and CEO, Experience Arlington
- Professional Development Advisory Council: Michelle Allgauer, CAE, CMM, CMP, Director of Member Engagement, Financial Services Institute, Inc.
- RISE Awards Judging Panel: John Ehlenfeldt, CMP, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Huntington Beach Marketing and Visitors Bureau
- Senior Meeting Professional Task Force: Laura J. Smith, Associate Director, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Student/Young Professional Task Force: Amanda Cecil, PhD, CMP, Associate Professor and Program Director, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
2013-2014 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Executive Committee:
- Chairman: Dave Johnson, President and CEO, Aimbridge Hospitality
- Chair-Elect: Gus Vonderheide, Vice President of Sales-Group, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Immediate Past Chairman: Vince LaRuffa, Vice President Resort Sales and Marketing, Universal Orlando Resort
- Vice Chair of Finance: Stephen Revetria, Vice President and General Manager, Giants Enterprises
- Vice Chair of Development: Ken Sanders, President, Audio Visual Services, Freeman
- Vice Chair of Programs: Jeff Wagoner, President, Wyndham Hotel Group
2013-2014 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Members:
- Christine Duffy, President and CEO, Cruise Lines International Association
- Brandon Hall, CMO and Co-Founder, One Hope Wine
- Lee Horgan, Executive Vice-President, Sales, Newmarket International
- Mike Massari, Vice President of Meeting Sales and Operations-Las Vegas, Caesars Entertainment
- Carole McKellar, Executive Director-Europe, HelmsBriscoe
- Leslie Menichini, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts/Convention Hotels
- Angie Pfeifer, CMM, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Meetings, Investors Group
- Jim Russell, Senior Vice President, Innovation, Freeman
- Dan Surette, Regional Vice President, Sales and Marketing-South Region, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Shelley Williams, Director of Sales-Eastern Region, Caesars Entertainment