The International Centre is pleased to announce the completion of phase one of an impressive $7 million renewal plan. Incorporating sleek, modern design elements, and enhancing client and visitor experiences, the renovation has transformed its one million square foot facility.
Changes to the facility, which complement the over 450 events held annually, include:
- Stunning, sleek and modern Hall 1 lobby providing versatility for a multitude of events, facilitating everything from a product showcase to an elaborate reception.
- Dynamic, multifunctional new Connector building built to improve the flow between Hall 5 and the remainder of the facility. Merging functionality and design, this space now has the flexibility to accommodate registration, receptions, booths and displays, and lounge areas for food and beverage. Both Hall 1 lobby and Connector spaces were designed by Arch-Tech Design Group.
- State-of-the-art LED exterior main entrance and hall signage providing clients full colour, full motion event messaging.
- Enhancing external and internal way-finding systems to better guide visitors through an updated easy-to-understand and esthetically pleasing way-finding system.
- Increasing the number of complimentary Internet hotspots to four key areas in the facility, allowing attendees to get affordably connected.
- Increasing Internet speeds by a factor of 10, and augmented the density of wireless coverage. This allows the Centre to deliver services reliably while halls are bustling with activity, and improves performance for downloading and uploading media-rich content.
“The International Centre has undergone a very exciting transformation, and we are thrilled to share it with our staff, clients and visitors,” said Michael Prescott, Chief Executive Officer, The International Centre. “Enhancing our client and visitor experience has always been our number one priority, and the revitalization of our facility will help our over 450 annual events continue to achieve success.”
As the leading exhibition and conference venue in North America, the completion of phase one of the renewal plan demonstrates The International Centre’s commitment to providing an exceptional venue for its 1.5 million visitors annually.