Hotels.com shares their top picks for newly renovated Canadian hotels worth checking into
Just like people, hotels want to look good and on-trend, so every few years it’s not uncommon for renovations to take place as properties modernize their looks. With so many hotels to choose from, the travel experts at Hotels.com™ are helping travellers with an affinity for “new and improved” by sharing their top five picks for favourite newly renovated Canadian hotel.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec – Quebec City, Quebec – In celebration of its 120th year, the iconic Canadian hotel underwent a $75-million renovation, completed last June. Updates were made to guestrooms, the main lobby (which now includes a new luxury shopping boutique), banquet areas, health club and restaurants. But don’t worry; they’ve kept the historic charm we’ve all come to love.
- Le Westin Resort and Spa Mont Tremblant – Mont Tremblant, Quebec – If you love winter activities, Le Westin Resort and Spa Mont Tremblant need to be added to your travel list. Renovated in January 2014, guests experience the ultimate in ski luxury with equipment stored in private lockers and cars valet parked upon arrival. Inside the hotel, there is a new living wall for improved air quality and, after a day on the slopes, guests can enjoy the scenically located outdoor heated pool and hot tub.
- Delta Ottawa City Centre: Ottawa, Ontario – Taking place over three years, this renovation completed in May last year and was well worth the wait. The attractive modern aesthetic has attracted professional photographers and video production companies looking for shooting locations. Guestrooms have been designed with both functionality and relaxation in mind, with new Smart Desk work areas and in-room spa services, perfect after a long day.
- Residence Inn Marriot Halifax Downtown; Halifax, Nova Scotia – East Coasters are known for their hospitality, and this hotel is a definite embodiment of that. Recently renovated, the guest rooms received a 30 per cent increase in size, with updated kitchenettes offering all the comforts of home. Grocery shopping service and daily hot breakfast are also offered onsite alongside weekly social hours perfect for long term guests. Plus you’ll love the views of the Halifax Harbour from the rooftop patio.
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls: Niagara Falls, Ontario – Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, bachelor(ette) or just looking for a night at the casino, the hotel is an important part of the Niagara Falls experience. As evident in the name, the Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls is Niagara’s only boutique-style Fallsview hotel, and completed extensive renovations last year. Some of the updates include a new lobby, hallways, carpets, TVs and an arcade.