Green meetings, sustainable menus and Meeting Impact Reports demonstrate hotel’s commitment to environment
The Sheraton Red Deer Hotel is delighted to confirm that it is the recipient of the 2015 Action Hero Award from Alberta’s Parkland Airshed Management Zone (PAMZ). The award is presented to companies that are proactive with innovative strategies and programs to help air quality and the air people breathe. The hotel offers 241 guest rooms and suites, three restaurants and lounges, 24-hour Sheraton Fitness Centre, [email protected] plus 53,000 square feet of premium meeting space. The Sheraton Red Deer is a Green 3-Key certified hotel and the recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
“We are thrilled to receive this honour and accolade,” said Gil Vallee, General Manager of Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. “We are enthusiastically committed to environmental initiatives in hotel operations that benefit the world’s environment, including air quality. We are delighted to offer meeting and event planners a diverse range of eco-friendly programs to choose from, in the hopes they will join us in making a positive impact.”
Hotel initiatives offered to event and meeting planners included green meetings, sustainable menus, Meeting Impact Reports, Tesla supercharging stations, Make a Green Choice Guest Room Program, and the hotel is a dedicated idle-free zone in Red Deer.
Sustainable meeting service options include:
- Print materials made from post-consumer recycled paper, recycled-content paper flipcharts and double-sided printing.
- Environmentally friendly non-paper supplies.
- Smart resources including LED signage and white boards.
- Potted plants, organically grown flowers or sustainably sourced botanicals.
- Access to green transportation services.
- Recycling in all meeting spaces.
Sustainable food and beverage practice options include:
- Local vendor options for many services.
- Sustainable food choices for your menu.
- Linenless meeting tables that don’t require table coverings — or, if coverings are preferred, the hotel offers reusable options.
- China service or environmentally friendly serving options if you prefer disposable food packaging.
- Condiments in bulk dispensers.
- Eco-friendly alternatives to conventional bottled water.
Impact assessment tools
Sheraton Red Deer Hotel offers event organizers Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ impact assessment tools. A Meetings Impact Report recaps all the eco-friendly initiatives selected during the event or meeting and the impact of those efforts, including energy and water consumption, waste management, sustainable food choices and meeting services.