Broadcasted from ExCeL London and Anna Valley’s hybrid event studio, accolades were presented across 15 categories.
Awards’ entries were judged by a panel of 47 industry leaders, comprised of a diverse mix of corporations, associations, exhibition organizers and agencies. The judges came together for a combined total of 200-plus hours to determine the winners, runners-up and those deserving of special merit.
“We have been overwhelmed by the number of exceptional entries we received,” says Sophie Ahmed, CEO and co-founder of VEI. “The inspirational and purposeful work that comprises this year’s winners and shortlist is a testament to the adaptability, talent and teamwork of event organizers and technology providers.”
The winners are:
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Consumer Event: Hub Exhibitions for Women in Business Expo Virtual
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Association Event: National Council of Teachers of English for NCTE 2020 Annual Convention
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Employee Engagement Event: Live Union for Arm 30 House Party/Special Merit: Employee Engagement Event for Marks and Spencer ‘Unique Peak’
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Business Festival: INVNT for Effect 2020 by SAP ANZ
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Marketing Campaign: Pageant Media for EGR Operator Awards 2020
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Brand Activation: SharpEnd for Fly Campari Group
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Sales Team: Pageant Media for Pageant Media commercial team
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Organizer Team: Vitafoods for Vitafoods Virtual Expo and Summit
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Awards: Pageant Media for EGR Operator Awards 2020
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Specialist Event: Matrix Events for Oktoberfest Bash/Special Merit: University of the Pacific for Women’s Rights are Human Rights Exhibition
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Event Start-Up: The Carrot Collective
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Event Technology: Kudo
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Event Platform: Glisser/Special Merits: Surreal and ExpoPlatform
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Conference: DRPG for DRPGBIGtalk World/Special Merits: JMB Consulting/ Fundraising Everywhere for BAME Online 2020
- Best Virtual and Hybrid Trade Show: Informa for Spark Change 2020: Powered by Natural Products Expo
VEI co-founder Simon Burton hosted the ceremony and presented the awards. The ceremony also featured magician Peter Wardell, a photo booth, prizes and networking opportunities.
“As virtual and hybrid experiences became an integral and established part of events, it has never been more important to recognize and celebrate outstanding talent, create a forum for education and showcase leading event technology,” says Ahmed.