Ottawa Tourism hosted its inaugural Shine On Awards to recognize customer service excellence and celebrate the front line tourism industry. The event was held at the Canadian Museum of History.
The Shine On Awards were developed by Ottawa Tourism to recognize excellent service in all areas of front line hospitality. Nominations were compiled throughout the year (2022) and judged by a panel of industry experts to determine winners in each category, as well as a final Shine On Grand Prize Winner.
The following winners were recognized for their exceptional service:
- Claudia Robley, from the Holiday Inn & Suites, Ottawa Kanata, in the “Exceptional Service: Hotel” category.
- Abdul Moalin, from Les Suites Hotel, in the “Exceptional Leadership” category.
- Laura Cordon, from the Nordik Spa, in the “Exceptional Service: Attraction” category.
- William Ellam, from the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club, in the “Exceptional Service: Guest Relations” category.
- Karen Cole, from the Ottawa Airport Authority, in the “Exceptional Service: Heart of House” category.
- Nicole Giguère, from the Fairmont Château Laurier, in the “Exceptional Service: Restaurant/Culinary” category.
- Andrew Wing, from the Ottawa Bike Café, in the “Exceptional Service: Tour Services” category.
Claudia Robley was the Shine On Awards Overall Grand Prize winner. Robley, who is an overnight employee at the Holiday Inn & Suites Ottawa Kanata, was recognized for her efficiency in ensuring the cleanliness of the hotel, while keeping a positive attitude at work and helping any colleagues with their own tasks whenever she is able. In recognition of her dedication and hard work, Robley was awarded a two-night stay at the Fairmont Château Laurier, donated by the Ottawa Gatineau Hotel Association.
“Ottawa Tourism is proud to recognize our resilient tourism industry, and the amazing front line staff who create stellar visitor experiences day-in and day-out,” says Michael Crockatt, president and CEO of Ottawa Tourism. “We are happy to create this opportunity for employers to recognize and celebrate in front of industry peers the fantastic work their employees do that contributes to the success and reputation of our destination.”