The International Live Events Association (ILEA) has announced the recipients of its Volunteer Awards, which honour ILEA members who have made invaluable contributions to the association and live events industry.
“Over this past year, we’ve seen how incredibly strong and resilient ILEA’s community of volunteers is,” says ILEA International president, Dana Macaulay.
Award winners were honoured at ILEA’s 2021 annual general meeting July 28. At this time, the association also presented Spirit of Excellence Awards to members who have exemplified excellence in ILEA chapter leadership.
“Their spirit dedication to ILEA and the live events industry has made a difference in helping our members and community respond to and recover from the pandemic,” says Macauley.
The 2020-2021 Volunteer Award winners are:
- Klaus Inkamp Lifetime Achievement Award: Leslee Bell, Decor & More Inc.
- J. Robert Graves Pioneer Award: Sara Grauf, San Francisco Giants
- Mettle Attitude Award: Jane Hague, ExCeL London
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Rachel Jacob Barnett, San Francisco Pride
The Klaus Inkamp Lifetime Achievement Award is given to a well-respected leader who is of high ethical character and who has given selflessly to ILEA and the live events industry for an extended period of time.
The J. Robert Graves Pioneer Award is presented to a volunteer who has significantly contributed to the growth and development of the association, not only through creative vision but also through determined execution.
The Mettle Attitude Award is given to an ILEA volunteer who is always willing to contribute, always perseveres and achieves results against all odds.
The Volunteer of the Year Award goes to an ILEA volunteer who embodies not only professionalism but also determination. This leader is always available to lend a hand and strives to achieve the association’s goals by going beyond the call of duty.
The 2020-2021 Spirit of Excellence Award winners are:
- Industry and Chapter Engagement: ILEA Austin (honourable mention ILEA Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Chapter Special Project: ILEA Nashville and ILEA Northern California
- Membership Retention: ILEA Vancouver
- Membership Recruitment: Tiffanie Rosier, AllStar Photobooth, with ILEA Virginia
- Chapter Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: ILEA Austin (honourable mention ILEA Northern California)
- Chapter Communications: ILEA Vancouver (honourable mention ILEA Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Member Initiative: ILEA Minneapolis/St. Paul (honourable mention ILEA Nashville)
- Chapter Educational Programming: ILEA Minneapolis/St. Paul (honourable mention ILEA Austin)
- Chapter of the Year: ILEA Minneapolis/St. Paul (honourable mention ILEA Vancouver)
- Region of the Year: ILEA Canada (honourable mention ILEA Southeast Region)
ILEA is a global community of thousands of creative event professionals whose skills, expertise and experience power some of the most recognized and respected live events around the world. The association advances the live events industry by creating an inclusive global community dedicated to personal and business development, and inspiration to elevate all professionals engaged in live events.